Death Row Inmates

Michael Singley Pennsylvania Death Row

Michael Singley

Michael Singley was sentenced to death by the State of Pennsylvania for a double murder. According to court documents Michael Singley would sexually assault and murder his cousins wife. When a neighbor confronted him Michael Singley would murder him as well. Michael Singley would be arrested, convicted and sentenced to death

Michael Singley 2022 Information

Parole Number: 302DL
Age: 45
Date of Birth: 04/01/1976
Race/Ethnicity: WHITE
Height: 6′ 02″
Gender: MALE
Citizenship: USA
Complexion: LIGHT
Current Location: PHOENIX

Michael Singley More News

The record reveals that on November 3, 1998, Appellant Michael B. Singley purchased three rolls of duct tape, ammunition for a .44 Magnum handgun, a folding lock-blade hunting knife and camouflage hunting gloves at retail stores in or around Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.   He then drove to the neighborhood where his cousin, Travis Rohrer, lived with his wife, Christine Rohrer.   Michael Singley loitered in the neighborhood, waiting for Christine’s arrival home from work.   At approximately 5:45 p.m. that evening, Appellant saw Christine Rohrer’s Jeep in the driveway of the duplex where she and her husband resided.   Michael Singley parked his vehicle a block away and proceeded on foot to the Rohrer residence carrying two rolls of duct tape, the gloves, hunting knife, and the ammunition for the handgun he knew that his cousin Travis Rohrer owned.   Michael Singley gained entry into the Rohrer residence by feigning car trouble to Christine and asked to use the telephone to obtain assistance.   Appellant indicated to Christine that the car trouble may have been the result of a malfunctioning car battery.   Mrs. Rohrer then indicated that she could assist Appellant but first needed to change clothes.   Once Mrs. Rohrer was upstairs, Appellant went to her room and began binding Christine Rohrer’s arms and mouth with the duct tape.   Appellant went downstairs to retrieve something, and on his return upstairs, Appellant broke through the door which Christine Rohrer managed to lock in his absence.   Appellant wrestled with Christine Rohrer for a time and then bound her arms to the bed frame, covered her eyes and mouth with the duct tape, leaving her nostrils exposed and bound her legs with the tape.   He unbound her legs and raped Christine Rohrer.   Appellant left the bedroom, smoked a cigarette in another room and then re-entered the bedroom where he repeatedly stabbed Christine Rohrer in the chest, neck and torso.   She died as a result of the injuries inflicted.

Travis Rohrer returned home at about 8 p.m. that evening and found Michael Singley on the second floor brandishing both the handgun and the knife.   Appellant forced Travis Rohrer into the bedroom, where Christine Rohrer’s body was covered with the bedclothes.   Michael Singley pistol-whipped Travis Rohrer before ordering him to the ground.   Appellant then stabbed Travis Rohrer several times in the back.   A scuffle ensued, during which both Appellant and Travis Rohrer struggled for control of the handgun.   Appellant wrested the gun free and shot Travis Rohrer once in the arm and once in the ribcage before going downstairs.   Travis Rohrer survived the assault.

With the keys to Christine Rohrer’s Jeep in hand, Appellant exited the Rohrer residence only to come upon Deborah Hock and her fiancée, James Gilliam, who lived in the other half of the duplex where Christine and Travis Rohrer lived.   Appellant raised the handgun and fatally shot Gilliam in the chest.   Appellant turned the weapon on the prone Deborah Hock and fired at her.   The shot missed Hock, but the muzzle blast left her with powder burns on her hand and wrist.   Appellant left the scene in Christine Rohrer’s Jeep and drove through the countryside for a few hours before returning to Chambersburg.   Appellant then called his girlfriend from a pay phone.   Afterwards, he surreptitiously entered his parents’ home, the place where he had been residing.   Chambersburg police eventually tracked Appellant to his parent’s house and, on November 4, 1998, took Appellant into custody.

author avatar

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button